In 1995, our school founders created a set of learning expectations for all St. Nicholas Catholic School students to achieve. Over the years, we’ve fine-tuned these expectations to best reflect our mission: to provide our community with a superior education rooted in the Catholic faith. We hold our students to these standards and take pride in the honorable, well-rounded citizens they become.
Our staff and teachers incorporate these SLEs into every aspect of the school day. It is amazing to see our students live and learn by these standards!
Saint Nicholas Catholic School
SCHOOL WIDE LEARNING EXPECTATIONS
I. Faith-filled Catholics who:
- Demonstrate understanding of the teachings and history of the Catholic Church.
- Actively participate in the liturgy and sacraments of the Catholic Church.
- Actively participate in prayer and use a variety of prayers.
- Live each day as a disciple of Jesus.
- Model Gospel values by demonstrating generosity of word, action, and spirit.
II. Responsible disciples who:
- Act with integrity.
- Exhibit compassion and justice.
- Serve others.
- Act as peacemakers.
- Make choices based on Catholic values.
III. Enthusiastic lifelong learners who:
- Love to learn.
- Strive for academic excellence.
- Use and apply learned skills.
- Utilize creative and critical thinking.
- Are self-directed and independent learners.
IV. Engaged citizens who:
- Make good choices.
- Take responsibility for their actions.
- Persevere through challenges.
- Strive to make the world a better place.
- Possess a strong work ethic.
Primary Grade SLEs
1. Faith-filled Catholics
- We learn about the Church and Jesus and follow his ways.
2. Responsible Disciples
- We will work together and treat others as Jesus taught us.
3. Enthusiastic Lifelong Learners
- We will work hard and try new things to become good readers, writers, and thinkers.
4. Engaged Citizens
- We will be role models for others and always try our best at everything we do.