- Child(ren) of a current St. Nicholas Catholic School employee or St. Nicholas Parish employee
- Sibling of a student currently enrolled in the school
- Parent(s) and/or grandparents of the child(ren) are active St. Nicholas parishioners as shown through their dedication of time, talent, and treasure*
- Parent(s) and/or grandparents of the child are active parishioners of a Catholic parish providing subsidy
- Parent(s) of the child are active members of another Catholic parish or St. John’s Episcopal parish (to be verified by presiding Pastor)
- Parent(s) of the child are active in another denomination or are non-active Catholics
Families transferring from another parish due to a family move must register with St. Nicholas parish and provide verification from the previous parish of active parishioner status. A letter from the pastor regarding parents’ dedication of time, talent, and treasure will sufficiently meet this requirement.
Children admitted to St. Nicholas Catholic School who are not members of the Catholic faith are still expected to participate in all aspects of the school’s faith life and instruction, such as mass attendance and religion classes.
An active parishioner is defined as someone who:
- Is registered in St. Nicholas Parish for at least 6 months.
- Is a practicing Catholic, active in sacramental life.
- Has a completed current year Stewardship of Treasure pledge on file with parish, and make a good faith effort to fulfill that pledge. A Stewardship of Treasure pledge must be made each year.
- Is actively engaged in the life of the parish and school community.
Parishioner status is reviewed by the principal and parish administrator at least three times each year.